By: Serguei Dorogovtsev
From: Laboratory of Physics, Helsinki University of Technology
At: Complexo Interdisplinar, Anfiteatro
The following issues will be outlined:
(1) What are complex networks?
(2) The history of the topic.
(3) Information, technological, cellular, etc. networks.
(4) Physics approach to networks.
(5) The main effects and results.
(6) Current tendencies.
(7) Problems and perspectives.
 S.N. Dorogovtsev and J.F.F. Mendes,
Evolution of Networks: From Biological Nets to the Internet and WWW,
Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2003, available from
 S.N. Dorogovtsev and J.F.F. Mendes, The shortest path to complex networks, cond-mat/0404593; Evolution of Networks, Adv. Phys. 51, 1079 (2002).