- Dmitry Zeziulin, Country of origin Russia; Fellowship of FCT "Localized modes in periodic systems with high dispersion: existence, dynamics and stability" Ref.: SFRH/BPD/64835/2009 June 2010-September 2013.
- Peng-Bin He, Country of origin China; Fellowship of FCT "Nonlinear Dynamics of spinor condensates in optical lattices". Ref: SFRH/BPD/47842/2008. November 2009 - October 2010.
- Zhenya Yan, Country of origin China, Fellowship of FCT "Nonlinear waves and their management in finite systems". Ref: SFRH/BPD/41367/2007. January 2009 - January 2010.
- Chao Hang, Country of origin China; Post-doctoral fellowship of FCT "Investigations of Nonlinear Propagation Properties of Ultra-slow light in Cold Atomic Media". Ref: SFRH/BPD/36385/2007. Since Abril 1, 2008
Winner of the national prize ”Estímulo a Investigao 2009” awarded by the Fundao Calouste Gulbenkian.
- Yuliy V. Bludov, Country of origin Ukraine; Fellowship of FCT "Nonlinear dynamics of Bose-Einstein condensate mixtures.". Ref: SFRH/BPD/20292/2004. May 2005 - June 2009.
- Francisco Javier Cao Garcia, Country of origing Spain; Within the framework of the TRN project "Control, Synchronization and Characterization of spatially Extended Nonlinear System" (COSYC), contract Nº HPRN-CT-2000-00158. January 1 -- September 30, 2002.
- Alexandra Ingrid Spire, Country of origing France;
1. Within the framework of the TRN project "Control, Synchronization and Characterization of spatially Extended Nonlinear System" (COSYC), contract Nº HPRN-CT-2000-00158.
September 15 -- November 30, 2001.
2. Fellowship of FCT "Quantization of weakly nonlinear lattices". Ref: SFRH/BPD/5569/2001.
December 2001 - December 2003.
- Valerii Andriyovich Brazhnyy, Country of origin Ukraine; Fellowship of FCT, "Discretization and nonlinear lattices: Application to dynamics of Bose-Einstein condensate". Ref: SFRH/BPD/5632/2001. December 2001 -- November 2007.
- Frederico Correia Moreira, Title: “Optical solitons in chi2 media with spatially dependent parameters”, Defended: 17 of June, 2013; Universidade de Lisboa, Supported: Fellowship ALBAN.
- Helena Antunes da Cruz, Title: “Nonlinear dynamics of mixtures of Bose-Einstein condensates in optical lattices.” Defended: 30, December 2011; Universidade de Lisboa; Supported: Fellowship of FCT (Fundao para a Ciência e a Tecnologia), Portugal, grant SFRH/BD/23283/2005; Winner of the national prize ”Estímulo a Investigao 2007” awarded by the Fundao Calouste Gulbenkian.
- Vladyslav Igorovych Prytula, Co-adviser together with com Prof. V. M. Pérez-García; Title: “Modified nonlinear Schrödinger equations: new results motivated by physical applications” Defended: April, 2010; Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Espanha; Supported: Fellowship of Ministry of Education of Spain.
- Armando Teixeira, Bolsas de Iniciação Científica with the framework of the project "Nonlinear Waves in Discrete, Periodic and Quasi-periodic Media", POCI/FIS/56237/2004
February 2006 - January 2007.
- Pamela Pacciani, Within the framework of the TRN project "Control, Synchronization and Characterization of spatially Extended Nonlinear System" (COSYC), contract Nº no. HPRN-CT-2000-00158.
February 1, 2003 -- August 30, 2004.
- Angelino Gonçalves, Ressonant effects in two-dimensional diatomic lattices", (Graduate project).
Fellowship "Iniciação de Investigação" (Program PRAXIS XXI).
September 1998 -- February 2000.
- Florival José Cravinho Da Palma, Title: ”Sistemas PT -simtricos discretos finitos” Defended: 18 of June, 2013.